Thursday, October 12, 2006

An Experiment - Friend Reboot

I often wondered what would happen if I stopped communicating with all my friends. What would happen if I stopped calling or emailing all my friends? What if I deleted all my contacts in my cell phone? What if I deleted all the names in my email account? How many people would contact me? How many people would remember me?

The friend reboot implies removing all the initial contact with all my old friends. I would have to make new friends. I can also keep the old friends that decided to contact me despite my lack of contacting them. This is similar to a computer rebooting, when it starts again, but only with friends.

Can I handle this, though? Can I survive the risk of losing all my friends? I am not sure. The reward is spectacular - only the loyal, true friends would stick around, while the bad friends would be removed. I wonder when I will be performing this experiment. It will be a surprise to me, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. did you ever perform this experiment?

"M": From Here To There said...

I have not. Perhaps there is no need right now. :)